Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doratha Doratha is offline

Default "Records to be Merged" From: To:

Using Word 2000 -- MailMerge, creating Mailing Labels.

When I try to select Records to be Merged -- such as From: 10 To: 20 the
resulting merge starts at record 10 just as I asked for but then doesn't stop
at 20. It fills in the rest of the page of labels down to record #40.

Any combination of numbers has the same results in that it starts where I
requested but then fills in the rest of the page for a total of 30 records
(number of labels on the page).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to find the answer
to this multiple times to no avail.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you have a label type merge (or any merge with multiple NEXT fields in
the mail merge main document, as far as I know) then Word will always
"honour" all the NEXT fields. In other words, although what you're seeing
isn't what you want, it's normal Word behaviour.

In this case, probably the simplest way to stop the extra records from
filling your sheet of labels would be merge to a new document, select the
addresses you don't want, and delete the content, or set the text colour to
white, then print the result. There are other possible workarounds, but
that's probably what I'd do.

Peter Jamieson

news