Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ask Viki! Ask Viki! is offline

Default 1st digit of zip code isn't printing if it starts with zero.

Word drops 1st digit of the zip code if it starts with zero. How do I fix
this?
The formatting in Excel for this column is Custom: 00000
Word 2007
Windows XP

--
Need Help? Ask Viki!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Viki,

In Word, add a numeric picture switch to the mergefield. To do this:
.. select the field;
.. press Ctrl-F9 to reveal the field coding. It should look something like {MERGEFIELD Zip};
.. edit the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD Zip \# 00000};
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod