Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe Joe is offline

Default Mail merge from Avery lablemaker

I created two different databases: apples.dbf and oranges.dbf in Avery Label
Maker. I was able to generate labels [via Wizard] in MS Word 2002 SP3 for
apples.dbf, but when I tried to open oranges.dbf in Word, I received the
message "Word unable to open data source." Both dbf files defaulted to OLE
DB, but only apples.dbf would go past Step 3. I copied my original dbf files
in My Data Sources just to be on the safe side, but could not access
oranges.dbf.
--
Thanks for your help.
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks for your quick response. As far as I remember, both dbf files were
constructed the same using the same label number. Obviously something is
different, but can't figure out what. Both databases have the same fields:
name, address, city/state, zip. Any ideas would be appreciated.
--
Thanks for your help.
Joe