Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blake in IA Blake in IA is offline

Default How do I set up parallel columns that don't wrap on the same page

I need to set up parallel colums that do not wrap on the same page, but flow
from one page to the next in parallel. I am writing a biography in two
languages and want each language displayed together in parallel. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Use a two-column Table, with or without borders, to accomplish what you want.
The use of new rows will allow for alignment of new
sub-sections/paragraphs/etc.
Be aware that Word doesnot like a row to get too long (ie expanding across a
number of pages).
Ensure that you have the row attribute of "Allow row to break across pages"
assigned.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Blake in IA" wrote:

I need to set up parallel colums that do not wrap on the same page, but flow
from one page to the next in parallel. I am writing a biography in two
languages and want each language displayed together in parallel. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How do I set up parallel columns that don't wrap on the same p

Forgot to mention, reset Format, Columns back to preset One.

Parallel columns Gene L. New Users 4 December 21st 07 04:09 PM
Two columns, need text to 'wrap' page-to-page in own column? Thesis guy Page Layout 1 April 15th 07 02:57 AM
True parallel columns in Word Flavelle Ballem Page Layout 5 August 18th 06 11:51 AM
Will Word 2002 do parallel columns? Mike R. Page Layout 3 August 17th 05 11:40 PM
parallel columns Dinah Microsoft Word Help 2 July 4th 05 03:56 AM