Wordsmth

Default How populate a document with user input?

I have a document (a contract) that I want to use repeatedly, but just want
to be able to input the new data and have it automatically populate the
contract. For example, let's say the purchaser's name is "John Smith" and I
want "John Smith" to appear in 6 different places in the contract. I'd like
to set the document up so I enter "John Smith" one time, and "John Smith"
appears in all 6 areas I've designated.

I've received a document from someone that does that. An example of the
sample code that seems to accomplish some of that is:
#set ( $MF = $formatters.money )
#set ( $PF = $formatters.percent )
#set ( $TrustName = $trust.trustName )

I'm not wedded to whatever's being done, above; I'm looking for the simplest
way to enter data once and have it populate the form. (I know I could do a
mail merge, but the sample that I have doesn't require a mail merge step. I
just type in the information, and it automatically populates.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Anne Troy

Here you go, Wordsmith:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
Hope it helps!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Wordsmth" wrote in message
[...]

Charles Kenyon

In addition to Greg Maxey's page on repeating data, you may want to look
into what Word calls an "online form." Check this in help. For more about
online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Wordsmth" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert

Another simple way to do these is using "Edit/Replace" in Word.

Let say the contract was to John Smith, this time is going to Rose Mary.
enter 'John Smith' in the 'Find what:' and 'Rose Mary' in the 'Replace
with:', click on "Replace All'.
Done!

"Wordsmth" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement