Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
paul paul is offline

Default Find record faster in mail merge

I have created a mail merge using an Access query via an ODBC linked table.

My question is there a way to speed up searching for a specific record in a
specific field?

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Doing it from Access will be the quickest way. See fellow MVP Albert
Kallal's
"MergeSingleWord" utility at:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal.../msaccess.html

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge using an Access query via an ODBC linked table.

My question is there a way to speed up searching for a specific record in
specific field?

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
paul paul is offline

Already thought of that, no can do. Don't have enough licenses for Access.

Thanks for the help though!

"Paul" wrote:

I have created a mail merge using an Access query via an ODBC linked table.

My question is there a way to speed up searching for a specific record in a
specific field?

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I assume that what you are wanting to do is create one document at a time
from records in a database. If that is the case, instead of using
mailmerge, create a template in which you have a userform and use the
following code to populate a List box on a userform that then populate
document variables with the data from the selected record and have it
displayed in the document that is created from the template by having
DOCVARIABLE fields in the template.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
Dim NoOfRecords As Long
' Open the database
Set db = OpenDatabase("D:\Access\ResidencesXP.mdb")
' Retrieve the recordset
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM Owners")
' Determine the number of retrieved records
With rs
.MoveLast
NoOfRecords = .RecordCount
.MoveFirst
End With
' Set the number of Columns = number of Fields in recordset
ListBox1.ColumnCount = rs.Fields.Count
' Load the ListBox with the retrieved records
ListBox1.Column = rs.GetRows(NoOfRecords)
' Cleanup
rs.Close
db.Close
Set rs = Nothing