PWH

Default Inserting most recent quarter date automatically

I have a quarterly report I write in the month after each quarter end that
I'd like to automate the date fields. The report has alot of tables and
commentary using quarter end dates from last 12 months. I'd like to be able
to have the document automatically update the date fields based on the most
recent quarter end date. Is this possible in word?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UFdI?=,

I have a quarterly report I write in the month after each quarter end that
I'd like to automate the date fields. The report has alot of tables and
commentary using quarter end dates from last 12 months. I'd like to be able
to have the document automatically update the date fields based on the most
recent quarter end date. Is this possible in word?

This would require a macro solution.

However, you could probably manage something with very little work (once it's
set up) by creating a custom property (File/Properties) for this information.
Then use the appropriate DocProperty field everywhere you want the information
to appear in the document. This means you'd only need to change it once (in
File/Properties), and the change would display in the entire document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org