ahimsa42

Default remove the "final with markup" and "read" views as defaults

a document sent as a final should not come with the history of document edits.

final is final

the "read" view is cumbersome

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Daiya Mitchell

You didn't send it as final. For a document to be Final, you need to remove
the tracked changes. Otherwise, "final" is just Word showing you what final
will look like after you accept the changes.

See here, there's a "how to remove" section.
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

On 11/8/05 3:48 PM, "ahimsa42" wrote:

a document sent as a final should not come with the history of document edits.

final is final

the "read" view is cumbersome

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=79a4f141-e713
-40a6-9e87-149701ea5aa3&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

ahimsa42

Please allow me to be clearer. After sending an edited document to my typist
to finalize via Outlook email, she accepted/rejected tracked changes, saved
her changes and marked the document as final and sent back to me by email.
Despite that, when I opened the document, it showed "final with markup" along
with all the history of edits. If I had forwarded the document to a client,
would they not also see the litany of document changes that preceded?

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

You didn't send it as final. For a document to be Final, you need to remove
the tracked changes. Otherwise, "final" is just Word showing you what final
will look like after you accept the changes.

See here, there's a "how to remove" section.
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

On 11/8/05 3:48 PM, "ahimsa42" wrote:

a document sent as a final should not come with the history of document edits.

final is final

the "read" view is cumbersome

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=79a4f141-e713
-40a6-9e87-149701ea5aa3&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

If changes have been accepted and comments deleted, Track Changes turned
off, and the document saved, there should be no markup visible. I suspect
that your typist thinks that changing the view to Final is all that is
required.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

You didn't send it as final. For a document to be Final, you need to

remove
the tracked changes. Otherwise, "final" is just Word showing you what

final
will look like after you accept the changes.

See here, there's a "how to remove" section.
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

On 11/8/05 3:48 PM, "ahimsa42" wrote:

a document sent as a final should not come with the history of

document edits.

final is final

the "read" view is cumbersome

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=79a4f141-e713
-40a6-9e87-149701ea5aa3&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/