Wendy T.

Default Changed View inadvertantly

Hi,
I hit something and the view of my page changed. I can no longer see gray
"margins" on either side of my page in Word 2003. I'm using XP. If anyone has
any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendy
Herb Tyson [MVP]

It sounds like you're used to working in Page Layout view, and are now in a
different view, such as Normal or Web Layout. From the menu, choose View -
Page Layout. Does that restore the gray area?

If that doesn't fix it, the gray area will also be effectively hidden if
you're zoomed to a relatively large value. If you set your zoom to 100%,
does that restore the gray area?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"Wendy T." wrote in message
Hi,
I hit something and the view of my page changed. I can no longer see gray
"margins" on either side of my page in Word 2003. I'm using XP. If anyone
has
any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendy

Wendy T.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have a Page Layout View. I do have a Print
Layout View. Is that what you mean? I tried that both of your suggestions and
neither restored the page back to the original view. I know this sounds
someone nick-picky, but it's those little things... ya know?

"Wendy T." wrote in message
Hi,
I hit something and the view of my page changed. I can no longer see gray
"margins" on either side of my page in Word 2003. I'm using XP. If anyone
has
any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendy

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Yes. I did mean Print Layout view.

When something changes, noticing it isn't nit-picky. I presume you're
getting this on all documents? You might try the steps shown here to see if
one of them undoes whatever setting has caused the change:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP