Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nemo nemo is offline

Default page numbers on left side and right side

i searched and couldnt find anything regarding my issue:
i want page numbers to display on the left side on one page and on the right
side on the other, for example if i have 6 pages i want pages 1 3 and 5 to
display their numbers on the left side and pages 2 4 and 6 on the right side
just like u see in magazines, how can i do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the layout tab of the Page Setup dialog, check the Different Odd and Even
box.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nemo" wrote in message
i searched and couldnt find anything regarding my issue:
i want page numbers to display on the left side on one page and on the
right
side on the other, for example if i have 6 pages i want pages 1 3 and 5 to
display their numbers on the left side and pages 2 4 and 6 on the right
side
just like u see in magazines, how can i do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you are using Insert | Page Numbers, select Inside (though Outside is
more conventional). If you are inserting the page number in the header or
footer (View | Header and Footer), then go to the Layout tab of Page Setup
and check the box for "Different odd and even." Then place the PAGE field
appropriately in the Odd Page Header/Footer and Even Page Header/Footer.

"Nemo" wrote in message
i searched and couldnt find anything regarding my issue:
i want page numbers to display on the left side on one page and on the
right
side on the other, for example if i have 6 pages i want pages 1 3 and 5 to
display their numbers on the left side and pages 2 4 and 6 on the right
side
just like u see in magazines, how can i do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nemo nemo is offline

Thank you very much! i suspected it had to do with that but didn't know
exactly how to do it, ocne again thanks to both Doug and Suzanne!