Sharon R.

Default Switching to Landscape orientation in a Bookfold document ...

I have document that needs to be produced using Bookfold. However, there is
one very wide table requiring Landscape format. I tried the usual method of
creating a Section Break to switch to Landscape mode but there are two
problems (a) the Apply to this Section is greyed out and (b) when I click on
Landscape orientation there is no difference. Given that the book is
essentially printing Landscape anyway this seems logical but ... there must
be a way to accommodate wide tables, mustn't there????

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Sharon R.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, you would (obviously) be wrong.
Alternatives are to leave the page blank and print the table separately, to
be physically "pasted" in before making multiple copies of the booklet or to
copy the table and Paste Special as Picture, then rotate the picture.

"Sharon R." Sharon wrote in message
I have document that needs to be produced using Bookfold. However, there

is
one very wide table requiring Landscape format. I tried the usual method

of
creating a Section Break to switch to Landscape mode but there are two
problems (a) the Apply to this Section is greyed out and (b) when I click

on
Landscape orientation there is no difference. Given that the book is
essentially printing Landscape anyway this seems logical but ... there

must
be a way to accommodate wide tables, mustn't there????

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Sharon R.

Sharon Roffey

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the confirmation. In a hurry to get the job done I did create two
separate tables to appear side-by-side. It was a bit painful (especially the
printing of the booklet part). I hadn't yet tried the Paste Special as
Picture so will have a go ... an interesting alternative.

I found a "wishlist" link on an independent MVP site. Do you have any
success stories using this?

--
Sharon Roffey

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Microsoft now prefers that you submit suggestions as a Suggestion for
Microsoft post in the Office Communities.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, you would (obviously) be

wrong.
Alternatives are to leave the page blank and print the table separately,

be physically "pasted" in before making multiple copies of the booklet

or to
copy the table and Paste Special as Picture, then rotate the picture.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.