Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
murphy

Default Using Word 2007 receptients can't open the attachments I send

--
Murphy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Word 2007 has a new file format (.docx extension) that older versions of
Word cannot open without an update. As Word 2007 is currently still
beta, the converters for older versions are also still beta and it is
not recommendable to have them installed on all the machines of your
recipients.
You should save your documents in the Word 97-2003 format. Use the
Office button, Save As to do that. If you want your documents to be by
default saved in that format, go into Office Button, Word Options, Save.
Under Save files in this format, select Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)
P.S.: Next time you have a problem, please post more than a subject
line. An actual description does help.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"murphy" wrote in message
:

--
Murphy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
murphy

Thank you for the help. Sorry for the improper format of my question ,this
was my first one and your input is much appreciated.
--
Murphy

"murphy" wrote in message
: