Knightmare

Thanks a lot. I used the text to table conversion, double columned and come
out with a usable print that will get me thru this weekend. I will try some
further experiments next week when I have more time to experiment.

"TF" wrote:

3600 Karaoke songs - nightmare!

Terry

"Knightmare" wrote in message
: Jay Freedman gave me some good advice also. I will probably experiment
with
: both of them. I am inputing about 3600 Karaoke song, artists, and ID's
and
: its been a nightmare.
:
: Thanks,
: Jim
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: A possibility is to import the CSV and then use the Table, Text to Table
: command selecting comma as the column separator.
:
: You could also force Word to align the email address at the @ sign by
using
: the Decimal Align tab. (The decimal align tab will align at the first
: 'punctuation character' as long as it isn't the default thousands
separator
: (which is the comma in the UK).
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Knightmare" wrote in message
: ...
: :I want to import a CSV file into microsoft word and format it in
columns.
: I
: : have imported it already. I can find & replace the comma with spaces,
but
: it
: : still leaves me with an irregular second and third columns. (IE:
address
: : book input with name,email address,etc. comes in:
: : xxx
: : xxxxxx
: : I can get it to separate as follows:
: : xxx xxxxx
: : xxxxxx xxxxxxx
. I need the email address to
be
: at
: : the same tab location. Can anyone explain what to do?
: : Jim
:
:
:

Track Changes - Can I Enter without it Tracking Formatting? Mark Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:27 PM
Form Fields lose bold formatting Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 February 17th 05 09:11 PM
Formatting Ellen New Users 2 February 9th 05 10:29 PM
Apply Style but keep direct formatting? Stefan Blom New Users 2 November 28th 04 11:30 PM