Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joany

Default mail merge labels prints way too many pages

Hello, I am using Word 2003 and when I do a mail merge for labels I get as
many pages printed as entries in database. Example: I have a database with
124 names in it. When I complete my merge I have 124 pages! I am getting
thirty labels per page but they are just repeats. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you. Joany
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You need to have a Next Record field before the first merge field in
each label in the main document EXCEPT the first one.

I am not sure how you ended up without that field there, but it's probably
best if you take a look at the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Joany" wrote in message
Hello, I am using Word 2003 and when I do a mail merge for labels I get as
many pages printed as entries in database. Example: I have a database
with
124 names in it. When I complete my merge I have 124 pages! I am
getting
thirty labels per page but they are just repeats. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you. Joany

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joany

Thank you Doug, I will check out his website. I have a next record printed
on all labels except the first one. Regards, Joany

"Joany" wrote in message
Hello, I am using Word 2003 and when I do a mail merge for labels I get as
many pages printed as entries in database. Example: I have a database
with
124 names in it. When I complete my merge I have 124 pages! I am
getting
thirty labels per page but they are just repeats. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you. Joany

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

When you say printed on the labels, do you mean on the labels as printed.
If that is the case, it is probably not a Next Record field?

In the mail merge main document, if you press Alt+F9, what do you see?