Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srpd srpd is offline

Default Catalog merge from Excel; $ formatting

Im trying to merge data from Excel into a Word doc using the catalog merge
option. The end result should be a Word table and text followed by a list of
Excel data (Field 1,2,3,4, double space, Field 1,2,3,4, €¦)

However, the result I keep getting is a repeat of the Word table and text
prior to each set of merged fields. Ive tried using the €śNext Record€ť field
after the double space, but there is no difference in the result. There are
no breaks of any kind in the document.

Ive not had a problem doing this before. What am I doing wrong?

And, the $ looses the formatting in the merge and comes through as 300000
instead of $300,000. How can I adjust this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Peter Jamieson has answered your repetition question. For the $ formatting
issue, see "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at :

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"srpd" wrote in message
I'm trying to merge data from Excel into a Word doc using the catalog
merge
option. The end result should be a Word table and text followed by a list
of
Excel data (Field 1,2,3,4, double space, Field 1,2,3,4, .)

However, the result I keep getting is a repeat of the Word table and text
prior to each set of merged fields. I've tried using the "Next Record"

merge a catalog Cathy Mailmerge 1 March 30th 06 03:46 PM
merge a catalog Doug Robbins - Word MVP Mailmerge 0 March 26th 06 11:47 PM
Merge from excel loses formatting Craig Mailmerge 3 February 24th 06 04:21 PM
Merge catalog Nuyttens Xavier Mailmerge 2 March 4th 05 12:49 PM
formatting columns in a catalog Working at Home Mailmerge 3 December 7th 04 10:57 AM