Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Racn88 Racn88 is offline

Default Formatting problem I guess?

I was typing, saved my doc and when I went back to open it something had
happened. I've removed Word and installed it again, still having the same
problem. At the beginning and end of sentences I have a paragraph sign and
between each word I have dots. I'm sure this is something very simple but
I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Any ideas?? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Racn88 Racn88 is offline

I should have told you, it is Microsoft Office 2000 and the text does not
copy in that format to a doc that isn't word.... like on this message board,
it copies "normal." Thanks for your help in advance

"Racn88" wrote:

I was typing, saved my doc and when I went back to open it something had
happened. I've removed Word and installed it again, still having the same
problem. At the beginning and end of sentences I have a paragraph sign and
between each word I have dots. I'm sure this is something very simple but
I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Any ideas?? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:21:00 -0800, Racn88
wrote:

I was typing, saved my doc and when I went back to open it something had
happened. I've removed Word and installed it again, still having the same
problem. At the beginning and end of sentences I have a paragraph sign and
between each word I have dots. I'm sure this is something very simple but
I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Any ideas?? Thanks

Look on the toolbar -- find the button with the paragraph mark ¶ on it -- click
it once to turn off the nonprinting characters you described. It's a toggle,
turning the characters on or off each time you click it.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Racn88 Racn88 is offline

You are wonderful, thank you very much. I did not have that on my toolbar,
so I would have never found it! I added it though

wrote:

I was typing, saved my doc and when I went back to open it something had
happened. I've removed Word and installed it again, still having the same
problem. At the beginning and end of sentences I have a paragraph sign and
between each word I have dots. I'm sure this is something very simple but
I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Any ideas?? Thanks

Look on the toolbar -- find the button with the paragraph mark ¶ on it -- click
it once to turn off the nonprinting characters you described. It's a toggle,
turning the characters on or off each time you click it.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You probably turned on the non-printing characters by typing Ctrl-*.

BTW reinstalling Word almost never solves anything.

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is on the Standard toolbar by default. If you are displaying the Standard
and Formatting toolbars on a single row and have never used this button, it
may very well have been hidden.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.