Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tedd tedd is offline

Default keys with numbers type numbers instead of letters

keyboard keys with numbers type numbers instead of letters and abbreviation
keys abbreviate something that is not displayed in that key hence I am
expected to type holding the function key sometimes even the shift key which
is of course strenous, frustrating and time consuming please help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The layout and action of keys on your keyboard has nothing to do with Word
and everything to do with your keyboard driver and Windows.

Dual function keys have a toggle key eg the F Lock key for double function F
keys, of the NumLock key for the numeric key pad on extended keyboards.
Laptops may have an FN key to toggle dual functions on the main keyboard and
lots of software makes use of keyboard shortcuts incorporating the ALT, CTRL
and SHIFT keys in a variety of combinations. If all that is too onerous for
you, you could always buy a pen or hire a secretary.