RichardP

Default How do I put click and type fields into templates

Many of the templates available from microsoft include fields that give
instructions like [type your name here] . on clicking on this field , it is
replaced by whatever is typed. I can see how these use the 'Macrobutton
DoFieldClick' instruction. However if I do - Insert - Field- and then select
Macrobutton and DoFieldClick in the dialogue box and then enter -type your
name here in the 'dispay text' box, what appears on the document is - "type
your name Here". How do I get it so that the instruction appears in bold and
without the quote signs as in the published templates. Some templates have
the instuction with a grey background, but If I apply formatting to the
field, the formatting remains with the text that is overtyped rather than
reverting to the contextual formatting as with the published templates.

Any help will be gratefully recieved
Greg

Richard,

CTRL+F9 to enter a pair of field braces.

In the braces type:

MACROBUTTON NoMacro [Type your name here]

Select the [Type your name here] and apply bold format.

Toggle the field code.

You should be set.

MartinL

Thats great. but to take it another stage, can the macro grow so that when
the field has been entered, the cursor can go straight to the next field to
be entered. ie I have a letter that needs various bits of info in different
parts of a standard letter. All I want to do is have the cursor start at the
first field them jump to the next field ech time i complete a field.

"RichardP" wrote:

Excellent

Thanks Greg

"Greg" wrote:

Richard,

CTRL+F9 to enter a pair of field braces.

In the braces type:

MACROBUTTON NoMacro [Type your name here]

Select the [Type your name here] and apply bold format.

Toggle the field code.

You should be set.

F11 will take you to the next field. Or you can use form fields, which allow
you to tab between fields.

"MartinL" wrote in message
Thats great. but to take it another stage, can the macro grow so that when
the field has been entered, the cursor can go straight to the next field

be entered. ie I have a letter that needs various bits of info in

different
parts of a standard letter. All I want to do is have the cursor start at

the
first field them jump to the next field ech time i complete a field.

"RichardP" wrote:

Excellent

Thanks Greg