Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
GusEvans

Default MS Word 2003 Formatting merged fields

Another program has the abitlity to merge its database fields into a Word
template. The resulting merged document results in all currency fields
having no dollar sign nor commas.
The template field directly from the database would be -
Additional Amt resulting in - 15000.00
The underlying field code is -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \*
MERGEFORMAT }
If I try to add formatting to it as in -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \# ###.00
\* MERGEFORMAT }
It results in - Additional Amt as text in the document.

I just need to get the fields formatted correctly, when pulling them into
the template.

Thanks for any help.
--
Gus Evans
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

It may be necessary to turn it into a formula

{ = 1 * { DOCVARIABLE etc } \# "$,0/00" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GusEvans" wrote in message
news
Another program has the abitlity to merge its database fields into a Word
template. The resulting merged document results in all currency fields
having no dollar sign nor commas.
The template field directly from the database would be -
Additional Amt resulting in - 15000.00
The underlying field code is -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \*
MERGEFORMAT }
If I try to add formatting to it as in -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \# ###.00
\* MERGEFORMAT }
It results in - Additional Amt as text in the document.

I just need to get the fields formatted correctly, when pulling them into
the template.

Thanks for any help.
--
Gus Evans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nelsonj

Gus: Try your formula as you have it but enclose the formatting in " " (
after the LAST #. J Nelson.

"GusEvans" wrote:

Another program has the abitlity to merge its database fields into a Word
template. The resulting merged document results in all currency fields
having no dollar sign nor commas.
The template field directly from the database would be -
Additional Amt resulting in - 15000.00
The underlying field code is -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \*
MERGEFORMAT }
If I try to add formatting to it as in -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \# ###.00
\* MERGEFORMAT }
It results in - Additional Amt as text in the document.

I just need to get the fields formatted correctly, when pulling them into
the template.

Thanks for any help.
--
Gus Evans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
imateacher imateacher is offline

I hope you don't mind my popping into your post, even though it has nothing
to do with what I'm looking for.

I am going nuts and have no way of finding this info... on a try-it version
of word 2007 (that just pops up via something called citrex and doesn't need
downloading ) I found a command on the toolbar the enclose text. In this
version, it appears as an icon on the font toolbar as a circle with something
in it. I have since downloaded the trial of word 07 (to see if I Like it)
before buying it, and no 'enclose text' command can be found anywhere...
there is no way to add it to the tool bar, and the circle-like icon doesn't
exist anywhere.

How do I find which version has that, since I can use if a lot... or whether
my trial version has it and I'm just missing it somewhere (which I doubt). I
already looked at the 'character map' but there is nothing that circles
words, or encloses text.

I thank you for reading this... I have tried to find a way to email support
before purchasing; I have checked the knowledge base and put a search out
there all over the place... How the heck do I circle a word or letter in word
2007? I can't find this information anywhere. Google is no longer my friend.

If you can help, thanks a lot. If you can't and can direct me elsewhere, I
would appreciate that.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

It may be necessary to turn it into a formula

{ = 1 * { DOCVARIABLE etc } \# "$,0/00" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GusEvans" wrote in message
news
Another program has the abitlity to merge its database fields into a Word
template. The resulting merged document results in all currency fields
having no dollar sign nor commas.
The template field directly from the database would be -
Additional Amt resulting in - 15000.00
The underlying field code is -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \*
MERGEFORMAT }
If I try to add formatting to it as in -
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AdditionalAmt_081859447 \# ###.00
\* MERGEFORMAT }
It results in - Additional Amt as text in the document.

I just need to get the fields formatted correctly, when pulling them into
the template.

Thanks for any help.
--
Gus Evans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have a look for Windows Start|"All Programs"|"Microsoft Office"|"Microsoft
Office Tools"|"Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings" (or something like
that) and enable one of the East Asian languages, e.g. Japanesee, Korean,
Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese.

At least I think that's what you need.

When Word restarts, you should see a number of additional facilities
(although I can't tell youu where you will find them in the Word Ribbon).

Just bear in mind that anyone who hasn't also enabled one of these languages
may find they can't edit what you have produced.

Peter Jamieson

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

It may be necessary to turn it into a formula

{ = 1 * { DOCVARIABLE etc } \# "$,0/00" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GusEvans" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It probably appeared on the Font chunk in that version because Asian
Language Support was enabled.

You can add it to the Quick Access Toolbar by clicking on the Office Button
and then click on the Word Options at the bottom of the dialog and then on
Customize and select All Commands in the Choose commands from pulldown and
then scroll down through the list until you come to Enclose Characters and
then click on the Add button.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

It may be necessary to turn it into a formula

{ = 1 * { DOCVARIABLE etc } \# "$,0/00" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GusEvans" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
imateacher imateacher is offline

Yes! It worked. Something so simple as 'all commands!' Thanks so very much.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

It may be necessary to turn it into a formula

{ = 1 * { DOCVARIABLE etc } \# "$,0/00" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news Another program has the abitlity to merge its database fields into a