Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Best approach to manage 4 documents with 80% common content

Hi -

I am trying to determine if there is an easier way to manage changes to
common content in a set of documents.

Essentially, today I have four seperate documents where the content is
75% the same. I would like to be able to update the common content once
only (as opposed to four times). Any smart ideas?

Thanks -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use an IncludeText field in each of the four documents to include the text
from another document which would be the one that you maintain with any
changes. To have any changes reflected in the other documents, use Ctrl+A
(to select all), then F9 to update the fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP