Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geri Geri is offline

Default Merge fields date format

Hi there,

I'm merging from an Excel data source into Word and my merged dates are
coming out in american format (mm dd yyyy) I prefer the UK format of dd mm
yyyy, any idea how I can change this in the merged document. (The date in
the Excel data source is in the UK format of dd mm yyyy).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Geri,

To correct the date formatting, select the mailmerge field and press Shift-F9. It should look something like:
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate}
Change it to any one of:
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "d/M/yyyy"}
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "dd/MM/yyyy"}
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "d-MMM-yyyy"}
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "ddd, d MMM yyyy"}
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "d MMMM yyyy"}
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy"}
etc, to create the exact format you want.
The press F9 to update the field.

You're now ready to run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Geri" wrote in message ...
Hi there,

I'm merging from an Excel data source into Word and my merged dates are
coming out in american format (mm dd yyyy) I prefer the UK format of dd mm
yyyy, any idea how I can change this in the merged document. (The date in
the Excel data source is in the UK format of dd mm yyyy).

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe Perniciaro Joe Perniciaro is offline

Default mailmerge date field opens as date serial number

I've used switches and check the format in excel. Can't isolate the cause. I have more than one date field in the document and some open ok and others don't.

I'm using word and excel 2003.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It's probably because you have mixed data types in the Excel column that the
problem occurs with - see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

for further info.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Mail Merge Date fields Fi Mailmerge 1 June 5th 07 03:54 PM
Using date fields in merge Ramesh Mailmerge 10 February 21st 07 02:00 PM
How do I format date and time fields in a merge document? Suzanne at CW Mailmerge 1 February 2nd 06 06:54 AM
Merge date fields cidman Mailmerge 4 August 10th 05 06:08 AM
Format Date Fields Brandon Mailmerge 1 June 14th 05 09:32 AM