Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
execadmin execadmin is offline

Default Email Merge - How to change the Sent From

I need to send a mass mailing and I do not want the mailing to come from me
but from the author of the letter. I don't know how to send on behalf of
other than by sending each of the letters individually?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Change the default e-mail account, to that from whom you are sending the
messages, for the duration of the merge.

execadmin wrote:
I need to send a mass mailing and I do not want the mailing to come
from me but from the author of the letter. I don't know how to send
on behalf of other than by sending each of the letters individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
stuck on word mailmerge :-) stuck on word mailmerge  :-) is offline

Default Change FROM in Word MailMerge

ideally, I would like to create a word mailmerge and along with the To field, I'd like to select the From field from my spreadsheet.

I have several letters going out to clients and they need to appear to be from the appropriate saleman assisigned to each.

I know that if I setup a separate Outlook profile for each I can then run each mailmerge individually for each saleperson, but this is a last resort.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to assign my Marketing employee the "Send As" ntfs permission ONLY, so that she is able to send email on the salemen's behalf but NOT able to log onto or open the salesmen's mailboxes. If this occurs, then the marketing employee cannot use the example above where each saleman would have an individual mail merge because the marketing employee wouldn't be able to open the saleman's mailbox....

Any suggestions? I am unfamilar with coding.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Lynn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Using a method similar to that in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

You can set the .SentOnBehalfOfName for individual mail items.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP