Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kang kang is offline

Default all page numbers became 1 after mail merge

after mail merge all the page number became 1.
I want the page is continous.
I tried delete all the page break by replacing "^b" with "".
but can't find any page break.

help me please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A letter mail merge will create a series of sections one for each document,
each with the numbering starting from 1. This is normal behaviour. If you
want a continuous document then change the document type to Directory and
re-merge or remove the section breaks (not page breaks).

kang wrote:
after mail merge all the page number became 1.
I want the page is continous.
I tried delete all the page break by replacing "^b" with "".
but can't find any page break.

help me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kang kang is offline

thanks Graham.
what do you mean by "change the document type to Directory and
re-merge"?

Graham Mayor wrote:
A letter mail merge will create a series of sections one for each document,
each with the numbering starting from 1. This is normal behaviour. If you
want a continuous document then change the document type to Directory and
re-merge or remove the section breaks (not page breaks).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the Format Page number dialog, set the number to Continue from the
previous section rather than to start at 1

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kang" wrote in message
after mail merge all the page number became 1.
I want the page is continous.
I tried delete all the page break by replacing "^b" with "".
but can't find any page break.

help me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A merge document can be one of three basic types - letter (yours),
directory, or mailing labels. Other merge documents are variations on these
three types.
From the mailmerge toolbar (first button) - select the document type, see
With earlier Word versions you can change the document type from the mail
merge helper where Directory is referred to as Catalog. With Word 2007
click Start Merge from the Mailings tab, with your merge document on screen
and change the document type to Directory.
If you have already merged, use the replace tool to replace ^b with ^m in
your merged document which will remove the section breaks and replace them
with page breaks (or replace with nothing to remove the breaks completely).

Graham Mayor wrote:
A letter mail merge will create a series of sections one for each
document, each with the numbering starting from 1. This is normal
behaviour. If you want a continuous document then change the
document type to Directory and re-merge or remove the section breaks
(not page breaks).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kang kang is offline

mail merge makes sections for every row so , for example, if the record
row is 100, then I have to do that for 100 times.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
In the Format Page number dialog, set the number to Continue from the
previous section rather than to start at 1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you know every section will only have one page, you can use the {
SECTION } field instead of the { PAGE } field to number your pages with a
"Letter" type merge.

Peter Jamieson
"kang" wrote in message
after mail merge all the page number became 1.
I want the page is continous.
I tried delete all the page break by replacing "^b" with "".
but can't find any page break.

help me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Denise Denise is offline

Default page numbering of merged letters

Yes, this is the only way I could get it to work. Select the whole document and set the page numbering such a "page of #pages."