Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Elayne Elayne is offline

Default Incomplete mail merge from Excel to Word?

When using the mail merge, I run through the steps with no problem, but after
updating all the labels, the preview shows the first three labels - when I
scroll through, others will show up but only on the first line, pushing the
previous ones off - and after selecting "edit individual documents, only the
first three labels show up. The others seem to be lost. This happens on only
one of my computers (running Vista), but not on the others (running XP), and
happened with Office 2003 and with the newly upgraded Office 2007.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you have any of the Tablet PC facilities (even just a pen input device)
running on your Vista machine that may be the cause of the problem - see
e.g.

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Elayne" wrote in message
news
When using the mail merge, I run through the steps with no problem, but
after
updating all the labels, the preview shows the first three labels - when I
scroll through, others will show up but only on the first line, pushing
the
previous ones off - and after selecting "edit individual documents, only
the
first three labels show up. The others seem to be lost. This happens on
only
one of my computers (running Vista), but not on the others (running XP),
and
happened with Office 2003 and with the newly upgraded Office 2007.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Elayne Elayne is offline

Thank you very much, for both the answer and a solution for my problem. I do
indeed have a tablet - never considered that!
Elayne

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you have any of the Tablet PC facilities (even just a pen input device)
running on your Vista machine that may be the cause of the problem - see
e.g.

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Elayne" wrote in message
news
When using the mail merge, I run through the steps with no problem, but
after
updating all the labels, the preview shows the first three labels - when I
scroll through, others will show up but only on the first line, pushing
the
previous ones off - and after selecting "edit individual documents, only
the
first three labels show up. The others seem to be lost. This happens on
only
one of my computers (running Vista), but not on the others (running XP),
and
happened with Office 2003 and with the newly upgraded Office 2007.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't know for sure, and I certainly do not know of a single foolproof way
to do it. I would try...
a. physically disconnect the device, if it is attached using USB (say).
That worked for one of the tablet devices I was using a while back, but does
not work for the tone I currently use.
b. go into control panel-system-device manager (there are various
possible ways to get there), see if you can locate the device (that may bnot
be easy as often there are several actual, real physical devices and there
may be even more "logical" devices), right-click and select Disable. You
should be able to re-Enable using the same approach, but it wouldn't
surprise me if a reboot was required in some cases.
c. go into control panel-administrative tools-services, locate either the
"Tablet PC Input Service" or the "TabletService", or both, right-click and
Stop them (I don't know which you need to stop). If you just want to stop
them temporarily, you can come back here and restart them. Otherwise I would
also change the Startup type to Manual so that they will not restart
automatically the next time you start your system

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you have any of the Tablet PC facilities (even just a pen input
device)
running on your Vista machine that may be the cause of the problem - see
e.g.

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

--
Peter Jamieson