Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Christian Christian is offline

Default I want to know how to print one full sheet of the same data entry.

I have Office 2007 and I want to know how to print one full sheet of the same
data entry, from over 600 entries from an excel file. So, if I have a sheet
with 40 labels and I want to print the first entry 40 times on the first
sheet and on the next sheet to be the next entry and so on.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Remove the Next Record field from all of the labels on the sheet.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Christian" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and I want to know how to print one full sheet of the
same
data entry, from over 600 entries from an excel file. So, if I have a
sheet
with 40 labels and I want to print the first entry 40 times on the first
sheet and on the next sheet to be the next entry and so on.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I guess I might have been wrong in my assumption that you already had a mail
merge document set up. If you need help with that,
see the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

and before executing the merge, delete the Next Record field from each
label on the mail merge main document.
--

"Christian" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and I want to know how to print one full sheet of the
same
data entry, from over 600 entries from an excel file. So, if I have a
sheet
with 40 labels and I want to print the first entry 40 times on the first
sheet and on the next sheet to be the next entry and so on.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Christian,

1. Open Word Select New Document Labels Choose the Label you want to use,
or create a label yourself.

2. Choose the Data Source and the Recipients that you want to use. The upper
left box will be empty, and all other boxes on the page will have the NEXT
Record field inserted.

3. Insert the Mergefields that you want to use in the upper left box, such
as:

«Home_Street»

4. Copy the Contents of the first box, to Word's clipboard Highlight the
Next Record field in the other boxes one by one Paste the contents of
the clipboard, to the Cell replacing the Next Record field, and repeat
in next cell one by one.

5. Merge to New Document Select All Records Check for errors Print
sheets.

6. Save the original Mail Merge document as a Template for future use.

There is probably a way to use Macros to make the copy and paste process
faster, and someone with more knowledge can tell you how its done, using
different label formats. But my knowledge is limited with their use, so this
is the simplest method, I can suggest to you.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Christian" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and I want to know how to print one full sheet of the
same
data entry, from over 600 entries from an excel file. So, if I have a sheet
with 40 labels and I want to print the first entry 40 times on the first
sheet and on the next sheet to be the next entry and so on.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Doug,
I was wondering, how would you use the replace function to remove the Next
Record field that is added when you propagate the document. I have tried:
Edit Select All Edit Replace type both:
"Next Record" & "{Next}" (w/o quotes) for the feature to search for,
then left the Replace with box empty.

It doesn't remove the Next Record field from the other labels on the
sheet, and I have to manually remove them. Do you have any suggestions?

"Christian" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and I want to know how to print one full sheet of the
same
data entry, from over 600 entries from an excel file. So, if I have a
sheet
with 40 labels and I want to print the first entry 40 times on the first
sheet and on the next sheet to be the next entry and so on.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Press Alt + F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes and the use Edit
Replace to replace NEXT with nothing. It will leave an empty field in the
document but that does not matter.

--

"Christian" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and I want to know how to print one full sheet of the
same
data entry, from over 600 entries from an excel file. So, if I have a
sheet
with 40 labels and I want to print the first entry 40 times on the first
sheet and on the next sheet to be the next entry and so on.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Christian Christian is offline

Default I want to know how to print one full sheet of the same data en

Rich,

Thank you very much, it works! Unbelievable!

Al the best,
Christian