Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Zack Zack is offline

Default Only 1 record per label sheet?

I am mail merging from excel file, and from outlook contacts, onto an avery
label sheet, but I get only one record per sheet in the top left corner. What
is the process for using the complete label sheet with the 20-25 address
label stickers on it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Zack,

If you used the mailmerge wizard to set up a labels merge, you should have a set of mergefields in every label. If not, you have two
choices:
1. re-do the merge set-up
2. copy the set of mergefields on the first label to all the other labels
This will give you a sheet full of the same label. If you want each label to pick up the next record, insert a NextRecord field at
the start of each label after the first.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Zack" wrote in message ...
I am mail merging from excel file, and from outlook contacts, onto an avery
label sheet, but I get only one record per sheet in the top left corner. What
is the process for using the complete label sheet with the 20-25 address
label stickers on it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like you have missed the step to replicate the setup of the merge
fields that you have inserted into the first cell of the table that forms
the labels to the other labels on the sheet.

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

See the article "Mail Merge with Word 2007" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps.