Serenity2u

Default Shading not printing

The shading in my documents is not showing up when I print out my document.
I have recently gotten a new computer w/new operating system using MS Word
2003, which seems to account for the problem, as it wasn't before. Can
anyone help?

Thank you!

Sasha
BobT

Could be a number of things but start with easy stuff. Check the PRINT tab
in the TOOLS | OPTIONS dialog box. Make sure the draft output is not
checked. Is the shading part of a form? If so, ensure the FIELD CODES
option on this same dialog box is checked.

Next, see if shading in other documents or other applications (e.g. Excel)
prints. If Excel can print a shaded range of cells, then it's a Word problem
(e.g. setting, corrupt file, etc.) if Excel cannot print a shaded range of
cells, then it's a printer or printer driver/setup problem.

Hope this helps.

Bob Tulk
MOUS(XP/97)

"Serenity2u" wrote:

The shading in my documents is not showing up when I print out my document.
I have recently gotten a new computer w/new operating system using MS Word
2003, which seems to account for the problem, as it wasn't before. Can
anyone help?

Thank you!

Sasha

Serenity2u

Hi Bob,

I tried your suggestions - none of them solved the problem. The shading is
in a Word document, in a text box. Shading does
print out in Excel, so it's not a printer problem. I tried copying the
document into a new document in case the old one was corrupt. That didn't
work either. Any more suggestions?

Thanks very much!