Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jill Jill is offline

Default Convert Word 2003 Docs to JPG and/or TIFF

I am looking for software that will convert Word 2003 documents into high
quality, high resolution JPG ort TIFF images. Does anyone have any
recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

SnagIt. http://www.techsmith.com.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jill Jill is offline

Jay:

Do you know if SnagIt produces superior, high quality JPGs from Word 2003
docs? (I have to send it to a local quick print where they are going to
enlarge it approximately 425% to create a poster. The PDF version is way too
grainy when enlarged that amount.)

--
Jill

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Jill wrote:
I am looking for software that will convert Word 2003 documents into
high quality, high resolution JPG ort TIFF images. Does anyone have
any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

SnagIt. http://www.techsmith.com.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I haven't tried anything that extreme, and I'm away from my home computer
where SnagIt is installed so I can't try it at the moment.

There's a free 30-day trial download of SnagIt on the TechSmith site, and
you can open the resulting capture in the free viewer IrfanView
(www.irfanview.com) to enlarge it and see what you get.

Don't try to take a screen shot of Word, because that will limit you to the
screen resolution. Instead, print to the SnagIt printer driver and tell it
to save the result as TIFF. I'd consider JPG as a second (or lower) choice
because it's a lossy compression method, where TIFF is lossless.

Jill wrote:
I am looking for software that will convert Word 2003 documents into
high quality, high resolution JPG ort TIFF images. Does anyone have
any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

SnagIt. http://www.techsmith.com.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jill Jill is offline

Jay:

SnagIt worked perfectly! Thank goodness you told me to €śprint€ť it using the
SnagIt printer in Word versus going directly into SnagIt.

Thanks tons!

---

Jill

Jill wrote:
I am looking for software that will convert Word 2003 documents into
high quality, high resolution JPG ort TIFF images. Does anyone have
any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

SnagIt. http://www.techsmith.com.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"Jill" wrote

Do you know if SnagIt produces superior, high quality JPGs from Word 2003
docs? (I have to send it to a local quick print where they are going to

SnagIt, like a Swiss Army Knife, WD40, and Duct Tape, is part of the toolkit
with which everyone should be issued at birth... ;-)

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Thanks for confirming.

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:33:00 -0700, Jill wrote:

Jay:

SnagIt worked perfectly! Thank goodness you told me to “print” it using the