Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jen Jen is offline

Default Table header rows and section breaks

I have a multi-page table, with a header row designated to repeat on each
page. The footer needs to be slightly different on each page of the table.
Now that I know the table is finalized, I want to insert section breaks in
the appropriate locations to allow me to modify each footer. However, when I
insert a section break, the header row disappears (I guess maybe this breaks
up the table into more than one table?)

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There may be a way, but first we need answers to these questions:

1. How many pages is the table?

2. In what way does the footer need to "slightly" differ?

If the page were only three pages long, you could take advantage of the
three different headers/footers that Word allows you to have in a given
section. And if the footer differs based on something that's in the table,
you may be able to use a StyleRef field (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm).

"Jen" wrote in message
I have a multi-page table, with a header row designated to repeat on each
page. The footer needs to be slightly different on each page of the table.
Now that I know the table is finalized, I want to insert section breaks in
the appropriate locations to allow me to modify each footer. However, when

insert a section break, the header row disappears (I guess maybe this

breaks
up the table into more than one table?)

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jen Jen is offline

Thanks Suzanne.

The table spans over 4 pages.

The slight difference is actually page numbering, but I haven't been able to
figure out a way to do it automatically. Basically, the footer of the
document has to include both the total pagination for the document (page 20
of 23, page 21 of 23...), as well as the pagination within that section (page
1 of 4, etc.). Both of these need to be in the document footer. I can get one
or the other to work, but not both in one footer, which seems a bit weird
since I can imagine I'm not the only person who'd want to do this!

Thanks,
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you make the table a separate section and restart numbering in that
section, you can use { PAGE } for the page number and { SECTIONPAGES } for
the number of pages. But then this messes up the "whole number" of the page.
A number of workarounds have been devised; see "Create two page-numbering
schemes in a single document in Word 2000" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212313

"Jen" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne.

The table spans over 4 pages.

The slight difference is actually page numbering, but I haven't been able

figure out a way to do it automatically. Basically, the footer of the
document has to include both the total pagination for the document (page

20
of 23, page 21 of 23...), as well as the pagination within that section

(page
1 of 4, etc.). Both of these need to be in the document footer. I can get

one
or the other to work, but not both in one footer, which seems a bit weird
since I can imagine I'm not the only person who'd want to do this!

Thanks,
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jen Jen is offline

Thanks Suzanne...will be out of the office for awhile but will take a look
next week when I'm back. I appreciate your help!