Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BCBC BCBC is offline

Default REF contents only appear after printing

I have a form that is protected, but uses unprotected sections for users to
fill in instead of form fields. This is because the users want to be able to
use spell check and I don't know how to use macros to make this possible.

In the form, I'd like to have some information repeat automatically (e.g.,
when a user types their objective in table 1, it should also appear in table
2 without retyping). I tried using a REF field, but, but the info didn't
appear in the 2nd field until after I printed the document. Is there a way to
make the info appear sooner?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QkNCQw==?=,

I have a form that is protected, but uses unprotected sections for users to
fill in instead of form fields. This is because the users want to be able to
use spell check and I don't know how to use macros to make this possible.

In the form, I'd like to have some information repeat automatically (e.g.,
when a user types their objective in table 1, it should also appear in table
2 without retyping). I tried using a REF field, but, but the info didn't
appear in the 2nd field until after I printed the document. Is there a way to
make the info appear sooner?

Open the form fields that generate the REF information and activate "Calculate
on Exit". This will update all the fields in the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BCBC BCBC is offline

Thanks Cindy, but my form doesn't have form fields. Instead, I've left
unprotected sections for the users to type in. Is there anything that can be
done without having to recreate the form?

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QkNCQw==?=,

I have a form that is protected, but uses unprotected sections for users to
fill in instead of form fields. This is because the users want to be able to
use spell check and I don't know how to use macros to make this possible.

In the form, I'd like to have some information repeat automatically (e.g.,
when a user types their objective in table 1, it should also appear in table
2 without retyping). I tried using a REF field, but, but the info didn't
appear in the 2nd field until after I printed the document. Is there a way to
make the info appear sooner?

Open the form fields that generate the REF information and activate "Calculate
on Exit". This will update all the fields in the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See the article "How to enable the spellchecker in a protected document" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

Then make use of formfields.

Alternatively, do a PrintPreview or use Ctrl+A to select everything in the
document and then press F9 to update the fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BCBC" wrote in message
Thanks Cindy, but my form doesn't have form fields. Instead, I've left
unprotected sections for the users to type in. Is there anything that can
be
done without having to recreate the form?

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QkNCQw==?=,

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)