Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Hinshaw Tom Hinshaw is offline

Default 12 pt Font Size Automatic Change to 11 pt in Table - Feature?

My company uses a default font size of 12 pt for documents. I find that word
2007 now automatically changes/inteprets a 12 pt default font size to 11 pt
when in a table. This only occurs with the 12 pt size, but it is apparently
true for all fonts. Is this suppose to be a bonus unlisted feature or is
this a bug?

I can manually adjust the size of the font larger, but if I clear formatting
in a table (e.g., to errase underlining and bold type) I lose the font size
and am required to reformat the text size. Manual adjustment is also a
training problem for staff. Reapplying the style does not work, since the
application sees 11 pt as correct in a table, even though the style is listed
as having a default 12 pt size. Can this feature be removed or is their an
option to disable it?