Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
KAM

Default Autotext and copying to Normal.dot

I am pretty sure what I need to do can't be done, but perhaps someone can
give me a better direction.

I have a template that is provided to a customer. The customer uses my
template on existing documents to do all sorts of things. The template is
never "attached" to the document. I am able to copy my styles over to the
document.

One of the items that needs to be done deals with AutoText. I have a command
that places an Autotext entry into the document. I have the Autotext saved in
my template, but I cannot get it to save to the existing document. I now
realize that the autotext entry must be saved to the user's Normal.dot.

The problem is that I do not (and cannot) know where each of the users are
using the Normal.dot from. I will not have any direct contact with these
customers and they are in a different city.

In vba, how can I copy the autotext to the user's normal.dot - wherever it
is. Also, since I really don't want to be doing that anyway, is there any
other idea on how to use the autotext?

My thought is maybe I will have to attach the existing template to the
document anyway.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks so much.