Peturpin

Default Saving Word documents

Sometimes I have trouble saving Word documents when the file name of a
document I'm trying to save is similar to that of a document I have already
saved (the content of the documents is also similar, usually). Sometimes it
doesn't get saved, and sometimes it gets saved with a ".doc" file extension.
Can anyone please explain this so that I can avoid the hassle of getting
things figured out in this situation?
--
Peter Turpin
Cultural Liaison
Anne Troy

Words are DOC files, Peter. Are you sure your question isn't about seeing or
not seeing file extensions?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Peturpin" wrote in message
Sometimes I have trouble saving Word documents when the file name of a
document I'm trying to save is similar to that of a document I have

already
saved (the content of the documents is also similar, usually). Sometimes

it
doesn't get saved, and sometimes it gets saved with a ".doc" file

extension.
Can anyone please explain this so that I can avoid the hassle of getting
things figured out in this situation?
--
Peter Turpin
Cultural Liaison
West Central Integration Collaborative
611 5 St SW
Rm 354
Willmar, MN 56201-3218
(320) 231-8573
FAX: 1 (320) 231-8559

Peturpin

Anne,

No, I'm not so sure that my question isn't about seeing or not seeing file
extensions, because when I had problems saving some Word documents recently,
some of them got saved as type "File" (appearing with a nondescript logo
containing geometric shapes, I believe) and not as Word documents. Were
those files actually file extensions, then?
--

"Peturpin" wrote in message
Sometimes I have trouble saving Word documents when the file name of a
document I'm trying to save is similar to that of a document I have

already
saved (the content of the documents is also similar, usually). Sometimes

it
doesn't get saved, and sometimes it gets saved with a ".doc" file

extension.
Can anyone please explain this so that I can avoid the hassle of getting
things figured out in this situation?
--
Peter Turpin
Cultural Liaison
West Central Integration Collaborative
611 5 St SW
Rm 354
Willmar, MN 56201-3218
(320) 231-8573
FAX: 1 (320) 231-8559

Anne Troy

Actually, it sounds like your files aren't being saved with a file
extension. I don't like the sounds of it at all. Are you saving on a network
or hard drive? Not that it matters, but I'm not at all familiar with network
issues anymore. But it could matter to someone else. Also, what's changed
lately? Anything?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Peturpin" wrote in message
[...]

Peturpin

Anne,

I have been saving to a hard drive and to my desktop, which I then back-up
with a flash disk. So, I have not been saving to a network. The only things
that have changed recently are the following: I have added a new USB keyboard
to my system, I am not able to sign-out of Microsoft Passport when I sign out
of hotmail (it says I am signed-out of hotmail, eventually, when I keep
trying, but it says it can't sign me out of "Microsoft with a Microsoft
Passport"), and I've had trouble with my sleep mode. I used to be able to
but my machine on stand-by, but now when I do that, I can't get it back to
the normal mode without unplugging it, removing the battery from the laptop,
and restarting it.

Please let me know if any of those things could be contributing to this
problem.

Thank you,

Peter Turpin