Ibrahim Awwad

Default Text Alignment

Dear All,
I'm using office 2003 and I really face 2 severe problem in the new word:
1. I can't align text vertically at any automatic shape (circle, ...etc)
2. Also I used to rotate any text box or any automatic shape and text get
rotated with it. No the shape rotates but the text isn't rotating.

Is it a new bad edition at the 2003.??
Please help

--
*********
IT Manager

It has never been possible to rotate text with an AutoShape or within any
text box except 90 degrees left or right. Perhaps you are thinking of
Publisher?

"Ibrahim Awwad" ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam) wrote in
message ...
Dear All,
I'm using office 2003 and I really face 2 severe problem in the new

word:
1. I can't align text vertically at any automatic shape (circle, ...etc)
2. Also I used to rotate any text box or any automatic shape and text get
rotated with it. No the shape rotates but the text isn't rotating.

Is it a new bad edition at the 2003.??
Please help

--
*********
IT Manager
DeLaval Ltd.
Cairo-Egypt
*********
|-----------------------------|
|Islam is peace not Terror|
|-----------------------------|

Ibrahim Awwad

Dear Suzanne,

Thanks for your reply, I'm sure that I was doing this easilly in officeXP
specially the powerpoint as I made all my presentations. Othwise I shouldn't
have tried it now . Any how please let me know if I can have any solution.

Best Regards.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

IanRoy

Hi, Ibrahim;
Yes you can still do this in Powerpoint 2003. You are posting in the Word
forum. They are two different programs.
-IanRoy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Ibrahim Awwad

Hi Ian,

Yes for sure I know they are different, But I meant that in XP I used to
do them in word and PP too.

Best Regards

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

IanRoy

Hi, Ibrahim;
I don't know of my own knowledge what was possible in Word XP, as I never
used it. But trying the same technique in Word 2003 as I used in Powerpoint
2003, (autoshape from the drawing toolbar, right-click add text, rotate
using handle) did not work. The text was independent of the autoshape. In
Powerpoint, text boxes could be rotated also, but not in Word. In Word, text
within either an autoshape or text box can be rotated in 90 degree
increments, but not by rotating the box or shape (it's a button on the Text
box toolbar).
Regards'
Ian.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

This is true in all previous versions of Word as well. As far back as Word
2.0 (though there I don't think you could rotate the text at all).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It has never been possible to rotate text with an AutoShape or

within any
text box except 90 degrees left or right. Perhaps you are thinking

of
Publisher?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.