Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
YCST Trainer YCST Trainer is offline

Default Cross-Reference Error

When I insert a cross reference to a section or sub section in the document
as such:

Section 5.14 Addendum to Agreement
(a) the seller will make a written notice of any addendums or changes
to the Agreement in writing, within 10 days of initial signed Agreement
(b) the buyer will make a written notice of any addendums or changes
to the Agreement in writing, within 10 days of the iniital signed Agreement

which should like like this Section 5.14(b)

The reference looks like this: "Section (d)(b)" or Section (b) (fyi there
isn't a section d to speak of)

Not sure what is causing this issue. I've tried to insert the reference to
heading - full text, headomg no text, heading numeber, etc. Nothing is
working. The same incorrect reference displays. However, it does link to
the correct section (e.g., Section 5.14(b)).

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to fix the display of the
cross-reference so that it shows the correct heading reference?

Thank you for your assistance.

How do I get the reference to insert as Section 5.14(b)

The style is Header 2 and I use Header

YCST Trainer