Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GettingByOk GettingByOk is offline

Default Office2007--Vivaldi font missing

It's my favorite font, used it all the time my old computer where I have
Office 2003 installed, on my new computer w/ Office 2007 it's missing. What
can I do?

Thanks,
GettingByOk (not right now, though....)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/, Vivaldi was
supplied with Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office
97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional Edition 2003, PhotoDraw
2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98, Picture It! 99,
Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, Works 2002. If you have any of those
applications, you should be able to install the font from their CDs.

"GettingByOk" wrote in message
It's my favorite font, used it all the time my old computer where I have
Office 2003 installed, on my new computer w/ Office 2007 it's missing.

What
can I do?

Thanks,
GettingByOk (not right now, though....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:56:00 -0700, GettingByOk
wrote:

It's my favorite font, used it all the time my old computer where I have
Office 2003 installed, on my new computer w/ Office 2007 it's missing. What
can I do?

Thanks,
GettingByOk (not right now, though....)

It should be there. You may not have installed the "additional fonts"
that come with Office.

Go to the Add/Remove Programs dialog in Control Panel, choose the
Office 2007 item, and click Change. Choose Add or Remove Features. On
the next page, expand the Office Shared Features icon, then expand
Fonts. Make sure the Additional TrueType Fonts item is set to "Run
from my computer", and click Continue.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GettingByOk GettingByOk is offline

Thanks, will do. I have Office Professional Edition 2003 on my old machine.

Can I just copy the font from a directory on the old machine to the
corresponding directory on the new machine?

Thanks again,
Robert

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

According to http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/, Vivaldi was
supplied with Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office
97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional Edition 2003, PhotoDraw
2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98, Picture It! 99,
Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, Works 2002. If you have any of those
applications, you should be able to install the font from their CDs.

"GettingByOk" wrote in message
It's my favorite font, used it all the time my old computer where I have
Office 2003 installed, on my new computer w/ Office 2007 it's missing.

What
can I do?

Thanks,
GettingByOk (not right now, though....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Absolutely. If, as Jay has indicated, the font also comes with Office 2007,
there aren't even copyright issues. Copying the font from one computer to
the other can be easier than running an update install, but consider that
(a) there may be other fonts in the additional font set that you would also
like and (b) the Office 2007 font could be a later version (though that's
unlikely).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

According to http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/, Vivaldi was
supplied with Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium,

Office
97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional Edition 2003,

PhotoDraw
2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98, Picture It!

99,
Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, Works 2002. If you have any of those
applications, you should be able to install the font from their CDs.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"GettingByOk" wrote in message
It's my favorite font, used it all the time my old computer where I

have
Office 2003 installed, on my new computer w/ Office 2007 it's missing.

What
can I do?

Thanks,
GettingByOk (not right now, though....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GettingByOk GettingByOk is offline

Jay,
Turns out my Office Home and Student Edition doesn't have Fonts in Shared
Features, in alphabetical order it has Digital Certificate then International.

So I just copied the file from my old computer's Fonts folder to my new
computer, then got onto my new computer and copied it into the new one's
Fonts directory (can't copy directly because Windows is a protected folder).
When I pasted it self-installed.

Robert

wrote:

It's my favorite font, used it all the time my old computer where I have
Office 2003 installed, on my new computer w/ Office 2007 it's missing. What
can I do?

Thanks,
GettingByOk (not right now, though....)

It should be there. You may not have installed the "additional fonts"
that come with Office.

Go to the Add/Remove Programs dialog in Control Panel, choose the
Office 2007 item, and click Change. Choose Add or Remove Features. On
the next page, expand the Office Shared Features icon, then expand
Fonts. Make sure the Additional TrueType Fonts item is set to "Run
from my computer", and click Continue.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Good, I'm glad you were able to find it. I've never seen a copy of
Home & Student, so I wasn't aware that it didn't have the additional
fonts.