Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zyzzyva zyzzyva is offline

Default Code for the Enter Key

In Word 2007, I want to Search and Replace where the Enter Key has been used

What is the code to replace this?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Code for the Enter Key

To search and replace the Enter Key in Word 2007, you can use the following code:
  1. Press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
  2. In the "Find what" field, press Ctrl + J. This will insert the code for the Enter Key, which is ^p.
  3. In the "Replace with" field, you can enter the text or code you want to replace the Enter Key with.
  4. Click on "Replace All" to replace all instances of the Enter Key in your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Special" button in the Find and Replace dialog box to select the Enter Key code (^p) from a list of special characters.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:47:01 -0800, zyzzyva
wrote:

In Word 2007, I want to Search and Replace where the Enter Key has been used

What is the code to replace this?

^p is the code for the paragraph mark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zyzzyva zyzzyva is offline

What I am looking for is what you get when you use the Enter Key

It looks like with Reveal Code: one line down connected to a backward arrow
pointing left

Is this a Manual Line Break "^|"

wrote:

In Word 2007, I want to Search and Replace where the Enter Key has been used

What is the code to replace this?

^p is the code for the paragraph mark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Jay has already provided you with the answer. If you don't like it, try
clicking More in the Find dialog, then Special. Click on the entry for
"Paragraph mark" (*not* "¶ Paragraph character"), and you'll see that what
Word inserts is, as Jay said, ^p.

wrote:

In Word 2007, I want to Search and Replace where the Enter Key has been
used

What is the code to replace this?

^p is the code for the paragraph mark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, the thing you're describing is a Manual Line Break. However, that's the
break you get with Shift+Enter, not with Enter alone. Furthermore, the search
code for it is ^l with the lower case ell, not the | pipe character.

To find all the search codes, click the More button in the Find/Replace dialog
and then click the Special button.