rafraf

Default Using .doc as template leads to .dot save prompt

Hi,

I offer end-users multiple Word 2K templates as .doc files which all
link to one .dot file. This is done so that I only need to manage one
template, while having any number of virtual templates that dictate
headings and structure.

The end-user creates new documents from the .doc files. They do this
either through a shortcut or through the FileNew... dialog.

I am getting a strange phenomenon where creating a new doc out of a
doc, means that I always get a prompt to save the template.

The shortcut looks like this:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE" /t"C:\some
path\SomeDoc.doc"

once I create a new doc this way, even if I close it, without saving
it, and without making ANY modifications to it, I get prompted to save
the template. I have one autonew macro, but even when disabled this
happens, doing the same from the FileNew... dialog does not replicate
this problem.

Thanks all.