CyberTaz

Default LZW compressed images not viewable in Word (PC)

Hi Jim-

Despite the implications of the message, LZW compression is most likely
_not_ the issue. For example, I can save a .tif with Photoshop (PC) using LZW
*and* set the byte order of the file for Macintosh & insert that same image
in a Word 2003 file with no problem.

How were the files obtained? If as email attachments from a Mac, that
_could_ be the cause of the problem. Not all Mac email clients send "Windows
Friendly" attachments, and some of those that do have to be 'told' to do so.

As this is only one possibility, please post back with as much additional
detail as possible.

Regards |:)

"Jim" wrote:

I have a word document with numerous scanned images. The document was
created on a Mac in Word. But the scanned images do not show up when opened
up in Word on PC's (both '02 and '03 versions).
Current versions of Quicktime are installed on all of the PC's we've tried
this on but we're still getting the following message when viewing the doc
files... "Quicktime and a TIFF (LZW) decompressor are needed to see this
picture".
The original images (scans) are not available.
I've wandered through the MVP's stuff and can't seem to find a solution that
speaks directly to my problem. Is there an add-in from somebody that brings
support for these images?
Thanks
jg