Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lupe

Default Superscripted date

Hi,
I have checked the posts to see if I could find a solution for my problem
and found an answer and link to the site of Graham Mayor. I have tried to use
the format he suggested for superscripted date but it constantly gives me an
error. Is there something wrong with my field codes? My data source is in
Excel and is formatted d mmmm yyyy.
{QUOTE{MERGEFIELD Date \\@ dddd the d}{IF{=(mod({MERGEFIELD Date\@
d},10)4)*(mod({MERGEFIELD Date\@ d},10)0)*({MERGEFIELD Date\@ d}11*({
MERGEFIELD Date\@ d}12)*({ MERGEFIELD Date\@ d}13)}=1{=mod({MERGEFIELD
Date\@ d},10)-2 \# rd;st;nd } th}{ MERGEFIELD Date\@ of MMMM, yyyy"}}

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Rather than attempt to reproduce this code manually, which invites errors
(there's one in the first field - I didn't check any farther) download the
document that contains the field code from the link at
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm. Paste the fields
into your document and edit the DATE fields it contains to match the
mergefield in your data source.
Turn off the autoformat that changes straight quotes to smart quotes!
If you can't work it out from that - contact me via the link on my web site
home page, giving details of the date field name in your Excel data file -
and what you want to do with it.

Lupe wrote:
Hi,
I have checked the posts to see if I could find a solution for my
problem and found an answer and link to the site of Graham Mayor. I
have tried to use the format he suggested for superscripted date but
it constantly gives me an error. Is there something wrong with my
field codes? My data source is in Excel and is formatted d mmmm yyyy.
{QUOTE{MERGEFIELD Date \\@ "dddd 'the' d"}{IF{=(mod({MERGEFIELD Date\@
d},10)4)*(mod({MERGEFIELD Date\@ d},10)0)*({MERGEFIELD Date\@
d}11*({ MERGEFIELD Date\@ d}12)*({ MERGEFIELD Date\@
d}13)}=1{=mod({MERGEFIELD Date\@ d},10)-2 \# rd;st;nd } th}{
MERGEFIELD Date\@ "'of' MMMM, yyyy"}}

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lupe

Graham, I downloaded the zip file of Macropod on your page "Formatting Word
fields with switches" and I got my answer. Thanks!
Lupe