Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ShadyBradyHat ShadyBradyHat is offline

Default How do I keep all parts of a merged record on the same page?

Creating a directory of names, etc. Everything works correctly except that I
can't seem to fnd a way to keep all of a record on the same page. I.E., if
there isn't enough room on the current page I want WORD to skip to the next
page before starting the merge for that record. In main frame script we had
a commant called "KEEP" and "\KEEP" for that function.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Set up the mergefields in the cells of a table with the Row set so that it
is not split over a page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ShadyBradyHat" wrote in message
Creating a directory of names, etc. Everything works correctly except
that I
can't seem to fnd a way to keep all of a record on the same page. I.E.,
if
there isn't enough room on the current page I want WORD to skip to the
next
page before starting the merge for that record. In main frame script we
had
a commant called "KEEP" and "\KEEP" for that function.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ShadyBradyHat ShadyBradyHat is offline

I have tried that and it doesn't seem to work. There is room for 9 table
rows per page so I built a 9 row, single column table. Still tried to put the
first two lines of the 10th record into a table row at the bottom.. Next I
tried a single row table and that resulted in exactly the same problem. I
even tried format - paragraph - line and page breaks but no help there.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Set up the mergefields in the cells of a table with the Row set so that it
is not split over a page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ShadyBradyHat" wrote in message
Creating a directory of names, etc. Everything works correctly except
that I
can't seem to fnd a way to keep all of a record on the same page. I.E.,
if
there isn't enough room on the current page I want WORD to skip to the
next
page before starting the merge for that record. In main frame script we
had
a commant called "KEEP" and "\KEEP" for that function.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ShadyBradyHat ShadyBradyHat is offline

Ahhhh, went to table properties and turned off "allow row break across pages"
or some such verbage. THANKS!