ph

Default Word 2003 envelope print dialog gone

In Word 2003 running on XP sp2 we printed envelopes from the tools
/.../Envelopes and Labels menu item, and it would bring up a dialog showing
basic layout for the selected address as expected and then we could press the
buttion and print the envelope.

Now, when we use that menu command a different dialog comes up, one that is
asking about setting envelope options, such as oritentation and if it is face
up, etc.

There is no way to print an envelope. The old dialog cannot be found.

This has happend "spontaneously" on two of our seven systems here. I don't
know what caused the change, and I don't know where to go to reset things.

How can we get back?

Thank you,
Peter

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cGg=?=,

The first two trouble-shooting steps I'd try, in order to track down the origin
of the behavior:

1. Hold down CTRL when booting Word, to see if the problem goes away while
you're in Safe Mode. If it does, you know it's something loading (such as an
Addin).

2. See if Help/Detect and Repair changes anything. (If it does, then the Word
program itself might have been damaged.)

In Word 2003 running on XP sp2 we printed envelopes from the tools
/.../Envelopes and Labels menu item, and it would bring up a dialog showing
basic layout for the selected address as expected and then we could press the
buttion and print the envelope.

Now, when we use that menu command a different dialog comes up, one that is
asking about setting envelope options, such as oritentation and if it is face
up, etc.

There is no way to print an envelope. The old dialog cannot be found.

This has happend "spontaneously" on two of our seven systems here. I don't
know what caused the change, and I don't know where to go to reset things.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)