Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EricM EricM is offline

Default Entering pictures into a form based on IF statements.

I'm making a form - a contract - that gets printed out. Then a person fills
out the particulars, then signs the bottom like any regular contract.
However, sometimes in addition to the regular text already in the contract,
I'll enter my additional text into a form field prior to printing the
contract.

When I do enter this additional text into what I'll call "field1", then the
form should also have a "please sign here"-type statement that will also
print out. This will make the person signing the contract acknowledge my
additional text by signing next to the text. And of course when nothing is
entered into the formfield, then the statement would not appear.

I know an IF function (Ctrl-F9) can be used to generate dynamic text. But
here the kicker : I want a graphic also included in the "please sign
here"-type statement, and I do now know how to accomplish that. It's a
graphic to make it real clear that THIS is where to sign and date in order to
acknowledge the additional text included in the contract.

I think I'm asking a macro question, and I'm not too familiar with macros.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Eric,

You can embed the graphic in the IF field just as you would a text string. No macros required - simply set your formfield's
properties to include your preferred bookmark name and to 'calculate on exit', then make sure your IF field tests that formfield's
bookmark for the required trigger.

Cheers
--
macropod