Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mats W Mats W is offline

Default Files created with English Word 2007 not compatible with Swedish W

If I need to edit a file created by an english version of Word 2007, then
adding a description is a pain, becuase once I've added the descrition of
lets say a figure, then I have to switch flield-codes and change it from "SEQ
Figur" to "SEQ Figure". This will make the figure number to be set correctly.

But if I then need to reference this figure, then this is plain impossible,
becuase my Swedish Word 2007 tries to find descriptions named "Figur" and not
"Figure" as all figure descriptions are named.

Is there some way to tweak Word so that it can be used to edit files created
by Word versions in other laguages?