Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
blpedder blpedder is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2003 Standardizing Picture Size Question

Hi,

I'm at work and need to insert pictures into a word document. I understand
how to insert the pictures themselves and how to resize them, but my question
is how do I set it so that each time I insert a photo, they are set at a
standard size? The photos are digital, so they are inserted at a large size
and I want to make it so that each time I enter a photo, it is already set to
be resized the correct amount (I think 30% would work).

A quick response would be lovely!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?YmxwZWRkZXI=?=,

I'm at work and need to insert pictures into a word document. I understand
how to insert the pictures themselves and how to resize them, but my question
is how do I set it so that each time I insert a photo, they are set at a
standard size? The photos are digital, so they are inserted at a large size
and I want to make it so that each time I enter a photo, it is already set to
be resized the correct amount (I think 30% would work).

It's always a good idea to mention the version of Word that's involved in order
to get the most accurate information...

To control size, I usually insert pictures "in-line with the text" into a FRAME.
I set either the height or the width of the frame to an "exact" size. The
picture coming in will conform proportionally to that size.

If I were going to be inserting a lot of pictures, I'd probably save select and
save the Frame as an AutoText entry OR I'd create a style that includes the
frame in its defintion. If you've never worked intensively with styles, the
former approach is probably easier for you.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)