Muniworker

Default Justify mode is putting spaces between letters in individual word.

My coworker and I just got new computers with Microsoft Office Professional.
We are both having trouble justifying documents. The text is justified, but
a few lines in each document look like they have been justified by putting
spaces between letters of individual words, instead of between words
themselves. It appears to be clustered on lines instead of here and there
throughout the document. Any suggestions? This doesn't seem to be a
"think-through" problem; I have no idea how to fix it.

In some cases, deviant spacing is caused by a defective printer driver. But
it could also result from accidentally pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (Distribute
Text) instead of Ctrl+J (Justify). Try selecting the paragraphs with
problems and pressing Ctrl+J, or Ctrl+L and then Ctrl+J. If that doesn't
help, then try changing printer drivers.

"Muniworker" wrote in message
My coworker and I just got new computers with Microsoft Office

Professional.
We are both having trouble justifying documents. The text is justified,

but
a few lines in each document look like they have been justified by putting
spaces between letters of individual words, instead of between words
themselves. It appears to be clustered on lines instead of here and there
throughout the document. Any suggestions? This doesn't seem to be a
"think-through" problem; I have no idea how to fix it.

Muniworker

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

We have two different printers, although same make. I tried justifying just the one line, both manually and with a toolbar button, and the line is now unjustified. Not only that, it won't re-justify. I changed a few words in another line of the document that was affected and it is now justified. It's just bizarre.

Possibly the document is corrupt. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In some cases, deviant spacing is caused by a defective printer driver.

But
it could also result from accidentally pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (Distribute
Text) instead of Ctrl+J (Justify). Try selecting the paragraphs with
problems and pressing Ctrl+J, or Ctrl+L and then Ctrl+J. If that doesn't
help, then try changing printer drivers.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.