Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK©

Default Path to data Source

Is it possible to create a 'relative' path to the datasource?

or would you know where it keeps that path? so i can try

I would like all my mailmerges to be portable - but everytime i try them on
another machine i have to re-create all the paths to the datasource (which
is always in the same folder as the letters) - grrrrrr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

My tests (Word 2003) show that if the merge document cannot find its data
file in the saved location, it looks next in the folder containing the merge
document.