Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trev trev is offline

Default Setting tab stops in label doc.

I am trying to set tab stops in a label document. When I have the tab set
and press the tab key the tab goes to the tab default between the labels and
not the tab stop I set. What step am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Trev wrote:
I am trying to set tab stops in a label document. When I have the
tab set and press the tab key the tab goes to the tab default between
the labels and not the tab stop I set. What step am I missing?

Because labels are set up in a table, you have to use Ctrl+Tab to insert a
tab character. The Tab key without the Ctrl just goes to the next cell of
the table (as in all tables).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman