KatQueen

Default How do I add a Template to my New Document Template Menu?

I have gone online and downloaded some templates, but every time I restart
Word, I have to redownload the Templates to use them again. How do I get the
templates that are available online to save to my New Document Template Menu?

Xero

KatQueen,

You can do this through these steps:

1) Go to Office online, browse for the template you want and open it in Word;
2) When the templates open, leave everything intact and choose Save As ...
from the File menu;
3) Choose Document Template in Save as type;
4) You should be directed to a folder named 'Templates' where a file
'Normal' can be seen. If not, go to:

(system drive, usually C) :\Documents and Settings\ (user name) \Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates
* Note that Application Data is a hidden folder.

5) If you want to create a new tab of your own in the New Office Document
window, create a new folder and name it the way you want the new tab to be.
Otherwise, skip this step; and finally
6) Type the name of your template as desired and save the file.

After saving the document, your template should be seen under the tab you
created (if you have created a folder in Step 5) or under the General tab (if
you have not created a folder).

HTH
Xero
"KatQueen" wrote:

I have gone online and downloaded some templates, but every time I restart
Word, I have to redownload the Templates to use them again. How do I get the
templates that are available online to save to my New Document Template Menu?

Charles Kenyon

Save it, as a template, in your user or workgroup templates folder or a sub
folder. For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new
dialog, and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.