Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Default Long URLs

Hello

OS:WinXP SP2
App: Word 2003 SP2

The URL address is 740 characters long. After Pasting the URL into the
Hyperlink only 512 characters are displayed.

1. Is 512 characters the maximum allowed?
2. Is there another method, within Word, to use more characters? (I've
looked at various websites... tinyurl.com etc).

Kind Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does have a 512 character limit for text entered into the hyperlink
text box.

Create a hyperlink the way you normally would using a smaller dummy URL.
Then edit the resulting hyperlink field manually and replace the shorter URL
with the correct one.

Press Shift+F9 to open the field for direct editing. Replace the dummy with
the actual URL. Then press F9 to update and close the field.

Hopefully... it will then work.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible